- Teamwork is the concept of people working together cooperatively, as in a sports team.
- Skills needed for teamwork
Aside from any required technical proficiency, a wide variety of social skills are desirable for successful teamwork, including:
* Listening - it is important to listen to other people's ideas. When people are allowed to freely express their ideas, these initial ideas will produce other ideas.
* Questioning - it is important to ask questions, interact, and discuss the objectives of the team.
* Persuading - individuals are encouraged to exchange, defend, and then to ultimately rethink their ideas.
* Respecting - it is important to treat others
with respect and to support their ideas.
* Helping - it is crucial to help one's coworkers,
which is the general theme of teamwork.
* Sharing - it is important to share with
the team to create an environment of teamwork.
* Participating - all members of the team
are encouraged to participate in the team.
* Communication - For a team to work effectively
it is essential team members acquire communication skills
and use effective communication channels between one another
e.g. using email, viral communication, group meetings and so on.
This will enable team members of the group to work together
and achieve the teams purpose and goals.